This was a good week.
Apple announced several important changed in iOS 10.3. Also, this week Apple will relocate iTunes, Apple Music and Apple Store to Ireland. This has no any effect on developers and users.
Fastlane joined Google and that’s a question how Google will use it.
Swift 3.1 and Kontlin 1.1 got more details for upcoming releases.
Any problems? Drop me a note firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two important upcoming features in iOS 10.3. One of the things is alternative icon for the app. However, it will not be so smooth as it expected and will require user confirmations, try example code.
- What’s new in Swift 3.1. Paul Hudson wrote an article about upcoming changes in Swift. Swift 3.1 planned for release this Spring. However, there is one more important change in addition to described. Faster Mix-and-Match Builds with Precompiled Bridging Headers. Thanks Apple ?
- Swift 4 Package Manager Roadmap.
- Swift algorithm Club: January Digest.
- Augmented Reality iOS Tutorial: Location Based. I really surprised how development is evolutioning. Five years ago I created an app for one very special event in London that used Augmented Reality to help people find interesting spots. That time it was on top of the technology (especially because iPhone 3S was still popular), but now it’s available as tutorial!
- Pretty much every way to assign optionals.
- Slashdot’s Interview With Swift Creator Chris Lattner.
- Fun with String Interpolation and Gist with code. I don’t know how to classify this. Tutorial? Tips? Tricks? Anyway it’s really good way to present ExpressibleByStringInterpolation protocol.
- New manifesto from Swift team: Swift ABI Stability Manifesto.
- Beyond Constraints: Crafting Advanced iOS Animations with Auto Layout.
Hedwig. Send email to any SMTP server like a boss, in Swift and cross-platform
SwiftyCam. A Snapchat Inspired iOS Camera Framework written in Swift
CRPageViewController [via Vlad Dmitriev] is open source library for iOS. It allows defining a page size by setting width and heights manually. Thus, users will be able to control the placement of pages on the screens in the way which is more suitable for them
- What Does iOS 10.3 Mean for Growth Marketers? Long read, several science investigation links. Must read for indie developers.
- Android Studio 2.3 Beta 3. A lot bug fixes in layout, lint and debugging.
- What comes in Kotlin 1.1 for Android Developers. Kotlin 1.1 release is planned for Q1 2017.
- MVC vs. MVP vs. MVVM on Android.
- Building Google Actions with Java. Move your code from Android to Google Assistant.
- Quintessential Best Practices for Android Push Notifications.
- StatusView. Custom status view for Android.
- StyleableToast. A library that takes the standard Android toast to the next level with a variety of styling options.
Cover photo by Erwan Hesry
If you wrote article or framework for iOS and Android and want it to be published in the next mobile development digest then send me the link.