Hello. That was a good week and Apple was the main newsmaker. At the first place, they announced next WWDC’17 in San Jose. Tickets will be distributed by lottery in the end of March. Everyone who will not be able to participate can enjoy conference online at developers site.
Apple revealed trailer for upcoming series “Planet of the Apps“. I wonder if this will be reflected in Silicon Valley :) In the meantime, you can watch interview with Eddy Cue to get some details about the show.
Any problems? Drop me a note email@example.com
- Swift 4, stage 2 starts now. No ABI stability because it’s too early. This is understandable, but sad. Big amount of work already done, but moved to future.
- Implicitly Unwrapped Optionals? Damn! New article in series “Swift? Damn!” about the process of Swift study by Objc developers.
- Swift + Keywords (V3.0.1). Alternative Swift documentation which based on language keywords with usage example. In contradiction to official Apple documentation could be useful for experienced developers who want to have quick start with Swift. Personally, I find it useful for myself also because some features are rearely used and I forgot about very nice stuff like var
- RW team as usual published very nice article about 3D programming, this time it’s introduction to Metal.
- Providing a unified Swift error API. Handy technique to handle errors for data processing on the example of remote API.
- FSPagerView is an elegant Screen Slide Library. It is extremely helpful for making Banner, Product Show, Welcome/Guide Pages, Screen/ViewController Sliders.
- EverLayout. JSON defined AutoLayout solution for iOS
- Correctly handling bundled Android notifications
- Android studyguide
- Power of Gradle command line arguments
- Android Interpolators: A Visual Guide
- Fragmented. Android developer podcast about building good software and becoming better Android developers
- Inclusive Design at Microsoft. If you develop apps (any kind) with accessibility or want to provide it’s features too people of different physical conditions then this Microsoft resource can help you a lot.
- Chartopedia. All charts nicely presented and explained
Cover photo by Redd Angelo
If you wrote article or framework for iOS and Android and want it to be published in the next mobile development digest then send me the link.