Only 6 days left to Apple special event. New devices (I hope) and release versions of XCode and iOS.
You know, I always complain about too many introductory and basic level articles. This is an effect of low entrance level to mobile development. Every developer can create successful app and not need deep understanding in development. Things change with new iOS and Android releases.
In iOS 11 new frameworks for AL and ML were introduced. Google made similar thing with their ARCore. However, it’s pretty hard to find advanced and expert level articles, which will give better understanding what stands behind easy-to-use frameworks.
In this issue, you’ll find several awesome articles about UI design in ML, core task of all AI benchmark, and others.
By the way, you can support the digest easily by sharing this post in social networks:
- Upcoming Requirement for Promoted In-App Purchases. With iOS 11, users can browse in-app purchases directly on the App Store and start a purchase even before downloading your app. As soon as XCode GM will be released you need to do some additional work to enable it for your apps.
- New iOS Software Architecture: 4V Engine
- Apple Guidelinges for Augmented Reality.
- Huge investigation into ARKit and other solutions for augmented reality. This is about everything around, not just video representation.
- Dijkstra’s Algorithm In Swift
- Secret variables in Xcode AND your CI for fun and profit
- Top 100 Best Blogs for iOS Developers. Guys said they spent 50 hours to put together all the blog. Good job!
- Awesome Core ML models. Largest list of models for Core ML 🔥🔥🔥
- Extending Resources
- Exploring Background Execution Limits on Android Oreo
- Exploring The Android ARCore
- How Google Designers Adapt Material
- Rethinking User Interface Design for the TV Platform
- Papers from Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence Symposium 2017: Designing the user experience of machine learning systems. 🔥
- “Simple” chess puzzle holds key to $1m prize. Complexity of n-Queens Completion is one of the key things in AI benchmarking, however criticised a lot.
Cover photo by Eddie Kopp
If you wrote article or framework for iOS and Android and want it to be published in the next mobile development digest then send me the link.